Dogs and Doubles would like to join Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever in urging hunters and sportsmen and women nationwide to support the Sportsmen’s Act of 2012 (S. 3525).
Tell them to support the Sportsmen’s Act of 2012 (S. 3525)
The Sportsmen’s Act of 2012 represents 19 individual conservation titles, combined through bipartisan support, and is an incredibly important step for sportsmen and women throughout the United States as we fight for conservation on the American landscape. The Sportsmen’s Act of 2012 is directly applicable to Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever supporters through its conservation of upland habitat and increased access for recreational hunting.
Some benefits of the Sportmen’s Act of 2012 include:
1. The continuation of critical habitat investment programs due to expire, including North American Wetlands Conservation Act (NAWCA), Partners for Fish and Wildlife, and the Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Act
2. Reauthorizes Federal Lands Transaction Facilitation Act, which uses “land for land” approach to improve access
3. Creates a 1.5 percent set aside from Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) to specifically address access issues by purchasing in holdings in existing public lands and securing easements to access-restricted acreage
4. This bill allows the Secretary of Interior to reevaluate the price of the critical Duck Stamp every three years and permanently offer an electronic duck stamp, assuring the stamp price can adjust accordingly to match inflation
5. This bill will have no cost to taxpayers
When you contact your Senator, let them know that the Sportsmen’s Conservation Act of 2012, the habitat it will protect, hunting heritage it will further, and the outdoor spaces it will create are important to you and your family. Ask your Senator to:
1. Support the Sportsmen’s Act of 2012 (S. 3525)
2. Encourage other members of the Senate to follow suit and support America’s sportsmen and women
All Senate offices can be found here or directly through the Capitol Switchboard (202) 224-3121. Thank you for standing up for America’s sportsmen and women!